That’s what I will be doing this weekend (except with a much less impressive view).
Against all odds, I have made it to my first free weekend in two months, and my second free weekend since the beginning of June. Woohoo!
I know that I said I was going to lay around and do absolutely nothing, not even clean my disgusting house. Yeah… that’s not really going to happen. Mostly because there are things that I would like to do this weekend that do not involve watching TV (and because I would feel disgusting if that’s all I did for 2 days… trust me, I’ve tried it).
So what is it I want to do this weekend? In order of importance (because free days fly by faster than I realize!):
1. Recharge, which means:
- Sleep in. No alarm clock for me! (Except Sunday morning when I have to be at church by 9:15.) And if I feel like a nap, by all means.
- Get in the Word for an extended period each morning with a cup of coffee. This is the thing that I have missed the most. I seriously haven’t done this in 3 months.
- Read! I am currently reading Managing God’s Money by Randy Alcorn. I’ve really enjoyed it so far.
- Take a walk outside in the cool(er) fall(ish) air with the pooches.
- Drink a Pumpkin Spice latte from Starbuck’s.
2. Get caught up. Specifically:
- Clean the house
- Buy more dog food (and decide on which new food to buy) and treats
- Organize all the mail, race stuff, and miscellaneous crap I’ve thrown in a pile in my office
- Write Thank You to the Normans for a great Labor Day
- Grocery shop
- 10 mile bike, 2 mile run tonight
- 6 mile run + strength training tomorrow
- 15 mile bike on Sunday
- Housewarming gift for friends
- Shirt for my cousin’s wedding to go with the cute new skirt I got at the thrift store Tuesday (I’ll post my other great finds later)
- Cute decorations and fabric for curtains for various areas of our house