Because it’s been a while since I lasted changed my blog name, I decided to change it again.
But seriously, I did change it again.
I decided on the name Joy in Being Broken back when I was really questioning my life, my relationship with God, and learning some hard lessons. 99% of my blog posts were about what I was learning and struggling through – I used this blog like a public journal, a space to put my thoughts into order.
While I’m still (obviously) a broken person in need of a Savior, I expanded the scope of my blog when I decided to stop maintaining my old triathlon blog and I just didn’t feel like the old blog name was the right fit anymore.
I have been trying to come up with a new name for the past couple of months. A few ideas I had:
From the Inside Out
My Whole Self
Healthy Inside and Out
Girl + God
But none of them screamed “This is it!” Until I had an epiphany today with this current name: Life, Really.
This name resonated with me for 2 reasons:
1) Like I mentioned last week, I am committed to being an authentic blogger. I don’t sugarcoat things, I don’t hide things and I don’t pretend to be someone I’m not. This blog is about my life as it really is.
2) Jesus said in John 10, “I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” I didn’t know what life was really about until I knew Jesus. So my spiritual posts also reveal what life is, really.
As for the tagline, I chose:
- “Authentic” for Reason #1 above.
- “Journey” because, like I mentioned in my last new blog name post, life is a journey: “You grow, you shrink, you step forward, you step backward, you succeed, you fail. But through it all, those who have Christ, have ‘a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain [into the presence of the Father], where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf…’ (Hebrews 6:19-20).”
- “Faith” because Christ the center of my life and my reason for living.
- “Fitness” because I love being active and blogging about my athletic feats.
- “Fun” because I believe God wants us to enjoy our time here on earth with our family and friends
“And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent” (John 17:3).
What do you think about my new blog name?